- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UCDC will be remote for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. The program will offer online classes, virtual internships, and professional development programming such as a mentorship network and speaker series. You can read more information about the remote program here and FAQs here.
- Decisions about whether the Fall 2021 program will be in-person or remote have not been made yet and are contingent on the situation regarding COVID-19.
- The UCDC office will suspend in-person meetings and will offer virtual services during the current public health crisis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or sign up for a virtual advising appointment.
- Fall 2021 Applications Due: Please check back in early December for due date.
- Information Sessions:
- Join the UCDC Mailing List
The Washington Program
University of California, Berkeley
Each Fall and Spring, UC juniors and seniors from all majors travel to Washington, D.C. to intern, do research, and take classes for a semester. Students live and take classes at the UC Washington Center, an eleven-story building about six blocks from the White House. Washington, D.C. offers a wide variety of academic, professional and rich cultural opportunities for undergraduates.
Students are selected based on academic excellence, professional maturity and demonstrated interest in a particular area. Because it is both an academic and an internship program, students research in class what they experience professionally in their internships. Theory meets practice for a powerful learning experience. In addition, students clarify their future career direction, get on-the-ground work experience, and build professional networks.
Get in Contact
2422 is on Level B of Dwinelle Hall, same as the Ishi Court level.
Access from the East door across from Durant Hall: Go down the stairs facing the door one floor, until you’re at the Ishi Court level. Take a right.
Access from the main entrance of the classroom wing (entrance facing Dwinelle Plaza): Go right, and follow the hallway until you’re in the office wing. As soon as you’re in the office wing, look for the stairs with orange doors on your left. Go down two floors until you’re at the Ishi Court level
Access from the North (door facing VLSB and Moffitt) and for disabled access: Take a left and follow the hall around until you get to 2422.
UC Washington Center
1608 Rhode Island Ave., N.W. Third Floor
Washington, D.C. 20036
The building is located at Scott Circle, about six blocks north of the White House. Scott Circle is at the intersections of Massachusetts and Rhode Island Avenues and 16th Street. Limited parking with some restrictions is available on neighboring streets.